The Portuguese rule in Goa had its influence not only on the land but also in its culture as well as food. Cuisine of Goa is a perfect blend of Indian as well as Christian style of cooking and its unique flavor and taste is world famous.
Beaches in Goa, Goa Beach Tour, Tour of Goa Beaches, Goa-Travel, Goa tour packages for reservations on the following mobile Nos ( 24 Hours) : +91-98422 55573, 9786691904,9965616661
Phone Number : 0422 - 2333922, 2330932.
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax No: 0422 - 2331605
Goa has seen the rule of Portuguese,Hindus as well as Muslim. All this has left its influence on the Goan Cuisine as well,mode of cooking as well as the way spices are used , curries prepared.
The specialty of Cuisine of Goa is that it is particularly spicy and has pungent flavor. Though the staple diet of Goa is rice and curry and fish, Goa Food is truly a gourmet delight.
There is definite use of cashews and chilies which was introduced by the Portuguese also coconut sauce is liberally used. Kerala and Maharashtra supplies the most of spices needed for the preparation of various dishes.
Goa Food - Seafood is a typical feature of Goan Cuisine. It's is a part of daily meal and also you will find it include in preparation of gourmet delights.
People love to prepare their Goa Food on charcoal in clay pots as they like the smoky flavor. This mode of cooking is still done in the villages.
Some of the culinary delights of Goa are
- Ambot-tik : Preparation done with fish or meat
- Chorisso: Pig liver cooked in vinegar and tamarind , it is pickled
- Vindalho: Pork preparation with lots of spices
- Racheiado: Preparation of whole fish stuffed with red sauce
- Caldeirada , mildly flavored fish with stew
- Balchao is a special preparation of either fish or prawns in a dark red and tangy sauce,this can be kept for four days as the sauce acts as a preservative.
- Sorpotel: A most famous preparation of meat of pork,liver,heart and kidney , diced and cooked in thick spicy sauce.
- Mergolho: A dish made from papaya and pumpkin
- Breadfruit Curry
- Bebinco: A dessert ,layered coconut pancakes .
- Dodol : A sweet made from rice flour, coconut milk, molasses and cashew nuts , its eaten during Christmas
Goa also tops in the choice of drinks available here like the Feni , which has many variations like palm Feni called Toddy, then there is Cashew Feni.
Goa-Travel.com conducts tours of Goa,come and enjoy the delectableCuisine of Goa with us.