Vasco Da Gama ,a tourist place in Goa is also the largest town.It is located on the west coast of India ,on the edge of the Mormugao Peninsula ,on the mouth of the Zuari River and is just 30km from Panaji, Goa's capital.
Beaches in Goa, Goa Beach Tour, Tour of Goa Beaches, Goa-Travel, Goa tour packages for reservations on the following mobile Nos ( 24 Hours) : +91-98422 55573, 9786691904,9965616661
Phone Number : 0422 - 2333922, 2330932.
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax No: 0422 - 2331605
Vasco Da Gama earns its name from the famous Portuguese explorer .It was ruled by the Portuguese from 1543-1961 . Earlier it was the busiest port on the west coast of India. Now also the vessels arrive in large number at its harbor containing iron ore.
Tourist Attractions Of Vasco Da Gama: Vasco Da Gama in Goa
- Pilot Point at Headland Sada: Witness the breathtaking view of the Zuari river meeting the Arabian Sea as well as of the port.
- Japanese Garden, this is another place which you must visit in the Headland
- Baina Beach : Located near Vasco , it is safest beach in Goa
- Bogmalo Beach : A major tourist attraction this was earlier a fishing village.
It is just 7km from Vasco Da Gama. The golden sandy beach ,the pristine white Chapel are a sight to behold .You will find this area dotted with red brick cottages and swaying coconut trees .
There are also number of hotels,café , pubs etc now , a true representation of modernity in perfect sync with old world charm. You can do shopping for Kashmiri handicrafts here. Bogmalo beach can be reached by a taxi from Vasco Da Gama. Taste some authentic Goan Cuisines here served by the shacks located on the baech.
- The Naval Aviation Museum : The first naval museum in Asia ,it was opened to the public in 1998.Among the exhibits here you will find depiction of the history of Indian Naval Aviation, weapons, sensors, safety equipments, rare photographs etc. This is nestled in the scenic Bogmalo beach
How To Reach:
Air: Dabolim International Airport which is just 4 km away from Vasco Da Gama
Rail: The railway station in the southern part of Vasco Da Gama. South Central Railway connects Vasco Da Gama with other parts on the west coast of India.
Road: Regular bus service from Panaji or Margao.The National Highway ,NH17A connects Vasco to major cities in India.
Goa-Travel.com conducts tour to Vasco Da Gama, a tourist place in Goa.