Excursions to Daman and Diu is just the right place for you if you want to spend time in serene and picturesque beaches with the waves lashing on the shores and winds whispering in your ears.
Beaches in Goa, Goa Beach Tour, Tour of Goa Beaches, Goa-Travel, Goa tour packages for reservations on the following mobile Nos ( 24 Hours) : +91-98422 55573, 9786691904,9965616661
Phone Number : 0422 - 2333922, 2330932.
Email Id: email@example.com
Fax No: 0422 - 2331605
Daman was earlier known as Damao , situated on the western coast of India it is bordered by River Kolak on the north , River Kalai on the south, Gulf of Cambay on the west. Daman is a perfect getaway from the hsulte and bustle , here you can just relax and spend some time with yourself.
Tourist Attractions at Daman :
- Moti Daman: A fort built in 1559 AD is a vivid example of Portuguese architecture. Its carved archways and Portuguese artillery spell the history of the place when it was under Portuguese rule.
- Cathedral Church of Bom Jesus: This church was sanctified in 1603 AD. You will be spell bound to see the intricately carved pieces near the altar which present a true example Portuguese craftsmanship and artistry.
- Jampore Beach : The exotic Jampore Beach is only few kilometers away from Moti Daman and is an ideal place for one wanting to spend time in solitude
- Nani Daman : The Nani Daman Fort with its dilapidated building stands as a witness to days of yore, it is another architectural marvel of the Portuguese. The amusement park at Nani Daman beach with its illuminated look in the festive days adds to the charm.
- Hilsa Aquarium
- Bridge Side Garden
- Rosary Chapel
- Kachigram Water Tank
- Our Lady of Sea Church
Tourist Attractions in Diu:
Diu ,an earlier Portuguese colony is an island situated off the Saurashtra Coast of Gujarat. It has some of the beautiful beaches apart from the famous shoe shaped beach Nagoa Beach , like Ahmedpur, Mandvi,Chakratirath, Jallandhar, and Gomtimata beaches.
- Diu Fort: This fort was built when the Sultan of Gujarat attacked the Mughal emperor . The Diu Fort is an example of the strong Portuguese defense.
- Nagoa Beach: A picturesque shoe shaped beach called the Nagoa Beach, offers a splendid view of the Arabian Sea. Here you will find the swaying palm trees lining the beach .
- Forte De Mar: This was in past a Portuguese naval base for controlling the north eastern parts of Arabian Sea. It is also known as the fortress of Panikot
- Gupta Prayag at Delwada
- Gangeshwar Temple
- Shaking Tower of Delwada
Goa-Travel.com conducts excursion from Goa to Daman and Diu , contact us for more details.